- Term 3 courses finish September 26th, and Term 4 Courses begin October 15th
- All classes are 75 minutes and will be held at the Rangiora Bowling Club. Entry from Good St.
- There will be four “general classes” on offer each week, that cater for Level 1 and 2 students.
- All Courses will be 8 weeks – $120
- If you are a beginner please phone Melissa on 0274612000 so we can chat about your suitability to join a class.
- Please use the online booking form to secure your space in a class.
Suitable for those who haven’t practiced Yoga before, or for those who haven’t practiced for some time. This is a slow paced course with focus on the basic skills for standing postures, forward bends, twists, back bending and sun salutations. Time will be spent feeling into the body and working closely with your breath. People leave the course feeling a greater sense of connection to their body & Self and a confidence to continue on their Yoga journey.
Classes vary and may include gentle opening practices, therapeutic work for specific parts of the body, various asanas (postures), sun salutations and finish with restorative postures to bring an overall sense of balance to the body.
Classes vary and cover many of the practices mentioned in the Level 1 description above. These classes are generally of a higher intensity than a Level 1 class. They will cover more advanced postures including inversions and at times we will link postures to create strength and fluidity in our practice.
These classes include gentle opening movements, pranayama (breathing practices), chanting, iRest ® Yoga Nidra (meditation) and restorative poses. With restorative poses the body is completely supported with blankets and bolsters, in comfortable positions, and the poses are held for 10 – 15 minutes. These classes are wonderful for restoring the body to it’s natural and calm state of being, and for building energy. A deeply nourishing class!
- Please don’t hesitate to contact Melissa if you are unsure about which class or classes to attend.
- Please go to our Booking Info page to register for classes.
The more we practice the more we get to enjoy the benefits, so attending more than one class per week is a great approach!
We also encourage you to start and sustain a home practice. Please feel free to book a private Yoga session with Melissa if you would like one-on-one guidance on how to set up a home practice.